Monday 26 March 2018

Playing with print on fabrics...

Yes. I know that I do this anyway...

...but this time it's a bit different!

At the show I treated myself to a new 6" gel plate...

...some inkpads...

...and some lovely Lavinia Stamps and also some from Card-io :-)

Last weekend, along with working on my Venice sketchbook...

...I began playing with the gel plate onto some Empress Mills Egyptian Cotton.

I deliberately chose this fabric because it's brilliantly white...

...and a very close, smooth weave so the surface is almost like paper to print onto.

I found it better to iron it onto some freezer paper first as I knew that I wanted to use polymer stamps later.

I did the backgrounds with inks on the plate...

...then stamped afterwards.

I didn't photograph all the stages this time...

...I was just playing after all...

...but here are the results of my first attempts...








I want to do some stitching...

...but, given the fine surface I'll probably use machine thread - by hand....

Updates will follow...

x C